Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

The agony and the Ecstasy

Just a few words to let you all know that I have just finished reading Irving Stone's "The Agony and the Ecstasy" which is the story of Michaelangelo's life.  It is a wonderful book.  I loved it from the first page to the last.  Not really easy reading because it is often quite dense with information - I cannot even image how Irving Stone managed to do all of the research needed to write such a book.  It took him years.  I would have thought centuries!  ...  The author seemed to understand many things about how an artist's mind works. It felt authentic all the way through.  He has also written a biography on Vincent Van Gogh so I think I will read it as well. 
MichaelDBoudiccaSummerBOB73

Comments

• I might take a look at that one @Dianna.
    I am currently near the end of Vincent Van Gogh. Ever Yours, The Essential Letters.
    I love it, most of the letters are to his brother Theo and there are a few sketches in it, its near 800 pages.
    But its the kind of book you can just dip into when you feel like.
  • You're right Dianna, it DID take centuries to bring this story to the masses.
  • @BOB73 ;   Yes, Bob, in a sense you are right!   and @MichaelD ;  The trouble is if I really love a book, I just read it as quickly as I can.  Dipping into it just doesn't work for me.  So I will order Van Gogh from the library and see how long it takes me to get through it.     Thank you both for responding.