Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Conversations on your Profile and Activity page

SummerSummer -
edited October 10 in General Discussion
I'm still learning how to use certain parts of this site.  Will someone explain how and why messages appear on our Profile and Activity page and how we are supposed to respond to them.  I understand the email okay.  Which types of messages are more private?  What are these messages called?  Do they have a nickname?  Thanks  Summer

Comments

• I'll have another look and see if I can figure it out.  Enough people use this area to communicate but I haven't figured out why or how.  It seems more private than the main forum.  Hmm. 
  • SummerSummer -
    edited October 12
    Okay, folks.  I figured it out!  For those of you who would like to know what I found out, here it is--haha.  PM means Private Message but it is not private if you click on the profile picture of a member and go to that member's profile page.  Still it is more private than the forum and less private than the forum's email.  You click on the member's profile picture to get to the page where you can send them a PM.  As the PMs build up on your profile page you have the option to delete them by hovering in the upper right hand corner of the post until you see the x appear which you can then click to delete.  I will be using this in the future so be warned you guys!  It's like a new toy!  :p
    Julianna
  • SummerSummer -
    edited October 12
    Also, I learned from @BOB73 that if you click on a Reaction on a member's wall/profile page, you get to see the latest ones that sometimes are not currently showing up in the Forum posts and threads.  :)
  • that's interesting, thank you @Summer ; -  I'm not seeing any reactions on many posts - if it was just mine, I might get my feelings hurt :)  but I see many posts aren't showing the reactions - I still don't understand how people comment on my profile page.  Like you, the private messaging part works great, I'm still figuring it out as well.  I hope you are well and I'm so excited to see you post some of your paintings!!!  yay!!

Summer
  • @Summer ;  I'm glad you brought it up, because I've been wondering how it all works too.  I have been feeling very self-conscious about the number of questions I've asked since I joined not long ago, and was kind of hoping that I could ask questions in a less conspicuous way!  So I clicked on your Profile and then on Message in the box on the right of your profile -- but I think PM simply means Post Message and not Private Message.  I don't really know.
  • @Dianna, ask away. There’s a lot of vicarious learning that happens on this forum. You asking questions is probably helping someone else to shy to ask.
    BOB73
  • edited October 11
    Yes, PM means Private Message and I find it much more useful than the 'wall' which anyone can see but which hardly anyone uses or looks at. I love PMs. When people PM you it means they are willing to trust you to discuss delicate matters that you may not feel confident airing in the general forum. I don't use PMs a lot but I'm glad the function is there.  :)
  • @Dianna, please ask your questions in the forum. This way we can all respond if we feel we have something to contribute and As @Boudicca said we can all learn. It's not always easy to phrase a question we have or we might just be too timid to ask.

• tassieguy said:
    I love PMs. When people PM you it means they are willing to trust you to discuss delicate matters that you may not feel confident airing in the general forum. I don't use PMs a lot but I'm glad the function is there.  :)
    Oh.. and here I was just going to PM Bob to ask him what hat he was wearing today.
    tassieguySummerBoudicca
  • You can be pretty sure he'd have at least a hat on. :)
    SummerBoudicca
  • I have to say that one of the things that I love about this Forum is that almost every time I read stuff, I laugh out loud.  Some of you really have a very good sense of humour!

• Dianna said:
    I have to say that one of the things that I love about this Forum is that almost every time I read stuff, I laugh out loud.  Some of you really have a very good sense of humour!

@Dianna, if you want a good laugh, Have a read of this thread http://forum.drawmixpaint.com/discussion/comment/81867#Comment_81867
  • I'd forgotten that thread, @Boudicca. Lots of laughs there. :)
    Boudicca
  • @Boudicca ;   Thank you for the thread.  Laughed out loud many times.  Love the humour.  Very funny and related to much of it. I have a couple of questions, not sure how I should go about it, but I'll go back to General Comments I think.  Thanks again.