Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Inspiration in the Moonlight Update with more seascapes.

BOB73BOB73 -
edited September 22 in Off-Topic Discussion
Inspiration for painters from a deaf composer thought to be mad or nearly mad and a slew of moonlight-themed paintings by artists some of whom were also thought to flirt with madness. A good excuse to buy Prussian blue and cobalt blue.
Ludwig van Beethoven - Sonata Claro de Luna. Warning: the video is 52 minutes and Moonlight Sonata repeats every 4 1/2 minutes. you can turn the sound off and watch in silence if you wish. Some of the paintings are repeated but the second half is not just previous paintings and most are worth a second look.
 If you like moonlight and sailing ships you will love this.

My question is: How do I capture a scene on youtube and get a print made?
IrishcajunanweshaKaustavJulianna

Comments

• BOB73

Depends on what sort of machinery you are running.

IOS- Freeze and Maximise the image. Press  Home and Reset simultaneously. The pic will store to your photo gallery.

Windows- Freeze and maximise using CNTL and +. Press ALT and PRINT SCREEN. Save to a NEW IMAGE in PhotoShop or similar graphics program.

Denis

• PaulBPaulB mod
    ... or tell me the exact time in the video, and I'll send you the highest quality image I can achieve.
    mariebJulianna
  • Thanks, @PaulB. @dencal, is there anything in windows that I can paste it or save it too. I'm not very savvy with this stuff and I don't have photoshop. I'll take Paul up on his offer if all fails. Making a choice will be hard. I'm like a kid in a candy store, I love them all.
  • dencaldencal -
    edited September 7
    BOB73

To take a screen shot using Microsoft Paint:

• Get what you want to take a screen shot of on your monitor
    • Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard
    • Open Microsoft Paint
    • Select Edit 3D -> Paste
    • Use the cut tool to draw a box around what you want a shot of
    • Select Edit -> Cut
    • Select File -> New
    • Select Edit -> Paste
    • Select File -> Save
    • Save the screen shot to your desktop as a JPG file.
    Denis

BOB73Irishcajun
  • Very beautiful piece of music, stunning images! Good call for Prussian Blue and Cobalt Blue for sure. Thank you.
    BOB73
  • edited September 8
    Lovely Pictures. Beautiful music by my favorite composer. I went upstairs to the piano and began practicing it immediately. This first movement has the pedal down all the way through and thus has the greatest number of through composed "wrong notes" of any piano piece that I know of. If you want to hear some pianistic gymnastics have a listen to the third movement of this sonata. It's breathtaking. To find a recording just Google: Beethoven, Piano Sonata No. 14 in C♯ minor "Quasi una fantasia", Op 27, No. 2.
    BOB73ForgivenessIrishcajunJulianna
  • Thanks again @dencal, @tassieguy, yes, I was a little disappointed that the video didn't include the full version. I hope you didn't have trouble cleaning paint off your piano keys.
    tassieguy
  • The modern phthalo colours are the worst on piano keys. :)  
    BOB73
  • I had an idea that if I were more tech savvy I might "redux" this video with moon-inspired music from the 20th Century rather than repeating the same 4-minutes of "Moonlight  Sonata" for an hour. Chiefly I would use "Blue Moon". Blue Moon was written in 1934 by Rodgers & Hart and has been recorded by dozens of artists in each decade since, including Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Bob Dylan. My favorite is by the Marcels. I would also include other moon-relevant songs like "Moon River", Moonlight Serenade", "By the Light of the Silvery Moon", "Fly Me To The Moon", "Blue Moon of Kentucky" by Patsy Cline, "Moon Over Miami", "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young, Police: "Walking on the Moon", "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd and of course "Bad Moon Rising" by CCW. If I could edit the images, I would eliminate the zoom or slow it down. Then I would add a few more paintings and take out the repeated ones. If you are a fan of the song "BLUE MOON", this is for you. 

"Blue Moon" is a classic popular song written by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart in 1934, and has become a standard ballad. It may be the first instance of the familiar "50s progression" in a popular song. The song was a hit twice in 1949 with successful recordings in the US by Billy Eckstine and Mel Tormé. In 1961, "Blue Moon" became an international number one hit for the doo-wop group The Marcels, on the Billboard 100 chart and in the UK Singles chart. Over the years, "Blue Moon" has been covered by various artists including versions by Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Elvis Presley, The Platters, The Mavericks, Dean Martin, The Supremes, Bob Dylan and Rod Stewart. Bing Crosby included the song in a medley on his album On the Happy Side (1962). It is also the anthem[1] of English Football League club Crewe Alexandra and English Premier League football club Manchester City, who have both adapted the song slightly. 

This is for @Richard_P , our UK friends and all of you who prefer a little mayhem, chaos and brief nudity with your music video.

Cheers!

• If we’re going werewolves, I like a bit of Warren...
    https://youtu.be/fIPvljWfH00
    BOB73
  • Unfortunately the lyrics (performed better by the Grateful Dead on Halloween in 1985) do not contain a reference to the MOON. However, the werewolf's association with the full moon comes to mind when you hear the song so... I will include it if ever I overcome being a luddite (computer illiterate).
  • @BOB73 I started to watch the" werewolf" clip and my cat nearly had a heart attack ! 
    Julianna
  • Sorry, I did try to warn you about the mayhem. I hope kitty will recover. I give my dogs some calming drops when there's thunder or a squirrel on the roof. I suppose they would work on felines too but if they don't have them where you live, a spoonful of rum might help.
    marieb
  • mariebmarieb -
    edited September 11
    @BOB73, you should have seen his face !! I could do with some rum myself, can't sleep, jet lagged , cat sleeping I'm wide awake  :#
    BOB73
  • Watch the video again with the Beethoven in the background, it'll put you to sleep. After the rum of course.
    Julianna
  • Well "Surfing" YouTube I found this and thought to share it with you all. He calls these contemporary realism but compared to his still-lifes, the seascapes are very abstract. One thing the seascapes and still-lifes share in common is  his unique eye for composition. A visit to his website will be a gratifying experience too. Link at the bottom.

http://www.a-perez.com/index.html