Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Old dog, old tricks

Greetings to everyone!  I'm just reigniting my oil painting passion a bit late in life -- 60 years old -- and am enjoying this forum.  Lots of valuable information that I've appreciated to get me back up and going. 
A bit about myself.  In my late teens and early 20s, I was involved in various art guilds and traveling around southern Arizona on the weekends to various shows, had some paintings in galleries -- actually sold a few -- and chose to put the brushes down for a 'real' career in court reporting. I love being a court reporter, but am able to find more time now to pursue painting, and -- I have to admit -- with a different attitude about it.  It's much more enjoyable when you don't have the pressure to make a living at it.
BTW, I've just completed my first painting after 35 years. It was not easy as I had to resurrect every bit of patience I could muster along the way, until I could finally call it a finished product.  Now on to the next one. 

anweshamarieb

Comments