Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Lightroom CC?

edited August 12 in Studio & Supplies
Anyone use this lightroom CC? Its cloud based and 9.99 a month and comes with 1Terra bite (spelling?) Of storage. Its appealing to me to not have to pay the $119 upfront and the cloud based option has me interested regarding less and less storage on my mac these days... wondering if anyone has any input on this? Here is the link I found
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html?sdid=KKTJE&mv=search&s_kwcid=AL!3085!3!251974306228!e!!g!!lightroom for mac&ef_id=WeehbgAAAGaFpi04:20180812091704:s
Forgiveness

Comments

• Lightroom is a very good program, nothing but good news for 6 years now, works wonders with RAW and even jpeg. Seems like a great price for being online.
    JessicaArt
  • dencaldencal -
    edited August 12
    JessicaArt

This review scores the app as 7 out of 10.

Lightroom CC 2018 review

Lightroom CC 2018 is great for photographers who need to manage a large image library, and who are prepared to commit to (and pay for) Adobe’s cloud storage space. But it is purely a photography tool that’s a little outside the regular Adobe design ecosystem. It’s also less powerful than its conventional stablemate, Lightroom Classic.

The reviewers caution that you may be up for around $13 per tb per month, in addition to $10 month.

Denis

ForgivenessJessicaArt
  • dencaldencal -
    edited August 13
    JessicaArt

One terabyte supplied is plenty of space unless you need to store lots of raw, intermediates and jpgs, along with movies.

These are either/or choices of media categories and not and.
    My 15 mb camera would generate c66,000 jpg images in a terabyte.
    Raw images are about five times the size of a jpg. So only 13,000 or so.

Denis
    JessicaArt
  • Wow!  Good to know!  Thanks @dencal
    dencal