Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

the winner takes it all

Oil on linen , comments please...
jeffPaulBBoudicca

Comments

• Good likenesses are the name of the game.
  • I do, I do, I do, I do, I do ,I do, like this very much
  • I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't know who she is but it's a terrific painting. 
  • BOB73 said:
    I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't know who she is but it's a terrific painting. 
    It is Agnetha Fältskog.
  • Good likeness, @cbor47. I recognized the face and as soon as Boudicca started singing the name came to me.  :)
  • Sorry cbor47, The painting is really well done and it is a very good likeness. I didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't like it. I haven't been in step with pop culture since the Beatles broke up.
  • BOB73 said:
    Sorry cbor47, The painting is really well done and it is a very good likeness. I didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't like it. I haven't been in step with pop culture since the Beatles broke up.
    Many thanks Bob, I saw this photo of her and liked the colours so much so it made me want to paint it, funny thing is !, I was watching a documentary on the Beatles last night and I had just finished a painting of them a few days ago, yes, that's what you called a group ..
    BOB73 said:
    I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't know who she is but it's a terrific painting. 

• tassieguy said:
    Good likeness, @cbor47. I recognized the face and as soon as Boudicca started singing the name came to me.  :)
    Many thanks tassieguy, this was painted on an unframed linen canvas which I had bought a length of from my local the Art store, I had to prime it 3 times and I am still not happy with the surface of this linen, it took a lot washes .... 
  • PaulB said:
    BOB73 said:
    It is Agnetha Fältskog.
    Many Thanks PaulB........
  • cbor47

Nice work.

Suggest you could lock in the likeness by shortening the nose length, more rounded bridge. A girl of this age has much fuller lips. The jawline should be symmetrical.

The painted image seems stretched vertically. 

Were you using a photo reference?

Denis

• dencaldencal -
    edited August 6
    BOB73

How can you not recognise Agnetha?  Do you have a pulse?

Denis

• dencal said:
    cbor47

Nice work.

Suggest you could lock in the likeness by shortening the nose length, more rounded bridge. A girl of this age has much fuller lips. The jawline should be symmetrical.

The painted image seems stretched vertically. 

Were you using a photo reference?

Denis

Hi Denis, thanks for your comments, yes I used a photo reference, believe it or not everything is in proportion , you will notice one photo is different from the other, I have to paint in quite a small space and I took one photo at an angle hence the reason it looks stretched I did this to reduce the glare from the light source, I should have taken it to an other location to take photos which I will now do, stupid me, what I have noticed( which no one has mentioned) her hair didn't show up well in the photo, I must be the worse photo taker on this site  =)
  • BOB73BOB73 -
    edited August 6
    @deencal, @Richard_P , This is my only "pop culture" venue. This is where I learn about it. I mostly watch movies and listn to music from the first half of the last century. Except for taking my kids to see Harry Potter and my FIL to Titanic, I haven't Been to a Movie since Jaws and Starwars. Before that was Goldfinger. The last concert was the Righteous Bros Dolly Parton where I had a very, very strong pulse.