Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

No more magnifier

I’ve been using a head-mounted magnifier for the tiny detail work.  It works wonderfully and is a great help.

While getting my eyes tested to replace lost glasses, I asked the Optometrist if it was possible to get prescription glasses to do detail work, with a 2x magnification.  Yes it is!

I now have a pair of regular looking glasses but they magnify and they are lightweight and are not nearly so bulky.  Of course, they are no good for anything else.

i didn’t realize this was an option.
dencalFlattyalsartSummerBOB73Julianna

Comments

• edited July 20
    Wow! You use a magnifier and Roxy uses a microscope. Maybe one day someone will do a painting one atom at a time with electron microscopy and launch a new art movement.   :)
  • PaulB

I bought a pair of 3.5x reading glasses mainly for reading, but they work equally well for detail drawing and painting. About $6 in dime stores or $25 in pharmacies (drug stores).

This is an age related problem called presbyopia. A failure of the eye lens to flex enough to focus close up. Gets progressively worse.

No problem with distance detail but close detail is a blur.

Denis

• Good point Denis, your $6 is many times cheaper.

Mine are prescription though, and so accommodate  my eye peculiarities.
  • Sounds like an awesome upgrade. 
  • SummerSummer -
    edited July 20
    You guys are leaving out the "cool" factor of wearing the Opti-Visor!  Seriously, though, I'm overdue for another eye exam and will ask for a pair to give it a try.  My husband wears special glasses just for close-up electronics work.  I may decide on the cool factor in the end though, just to be ornery--haha.  Thanks @PaulB.
  • Summer said:
    You guys are leaving out the "cool" factor of wearing the Opti-Visor!  
    Cool factor?  You live in the land of 10% humidity @Summer, it’s a bit of a sweat magnifier in this climate.