Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

matt or gloss prints???

I am having some problems....I usually get my prints doine in matt

thinking I could see details better than if glossy but I am having some trouble now...with some prints it's fantastic but with others it's really hard for me to tell values...yes values

the paint is shiny against the matt and looks darker than the print even when it's not the case

I haven't seen any posts about it but I wondered if it's better to use glossy prints...

ALSO are prints from printer shops the same as enlarged photos?

I am obviously re=assessing my approach ...eeeep

Comments

• I tend to agree with Google:

"One reason that glossy prints are so popular is because they show vibrant color well. Digital photos printed on glossy paper tend to appear crisper and sharper, while colors in matte prints tend to be more subdued. If you're photographing something in nature or anything outdoors, a glossy finish might be the way to go."

• Enlarged photos can be gotten from printer shops, but some of them have so much to offer you might want to see what is available from the print shop you have in mind. 
  • @Summer...I tend to agree with YOU thank you for that input ...and google...hehehe...back to the printers but with more caution 
  • judith said:
    the paint is shiny against the matt and looks darker than the print even when it's not the case
    If it looks shiny when colour matching then it could be your lighting needs altering a bit?