Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

I did this painting in oils on a canvas board 24 inches x 18 inches from a photograph, could I have

Comments

• Could I have comments please on this painting which I have named '' My little Sister '', oils on canvas board 24 inches x 18 inches ....
  • cbor47

Great Portrait. 

Baby’s head shape a tad off.

Skin tones need more warmth. 

Denis

RenoirmariebKatblake
  • dencal said:
    cbor47

Great Portrait. 

Baby’s head shape a tad off.

Skin tones need more warmth. 

Denis

Thanks Denis will have a look and rectify cheers for your comments.........................
  • You have a very dark value (hair, eyes, lips) and then a big jump in value to mid tones. In the photo there are a lot more dark values that you have painted as mid tones.

Hope that help.
  • Richard_P said:
    You have a very dark value (hair, eyes, lips) and then a big jump in value to ,mid tones. In the photo there are a lot more dark values that you have painted as mid tones.

Hope that help.
    Thanks Richard, The problem I have which I have mentioned before in other paintings posted is !, I never seem to take a good photo, this painting looks different from the photo I've taken once again, I think from now on I will not post any paintings till I'm happy it looks like the photo , many thanks.....
  • edited June 21
    Lovely, to Denis’s point I think the baby’s cheek closest to her brother is shaped slightly wrong. Too pointed outward? The shape in the photo seems more rounded and comports with the shape of the other cheek. I would make a quip about turning the other cheek but that would be beneath us both.
  • @cbor47 Lovely theme but I have to say it is not over.
    What if you could put both the photos side by side and you ask yourself like Mark 'What are the differences?'...like a do it yourself method of teaching. Would you do that and then finish this beautiful painting? I hope I am not being harsh but this will help you see more.
  • Kaustav said:
    @cbor47 Lovely theme but I have to say it is not over.
    What if you could put both the photos side by side and you ask yourself like Mark 'What are the differences?'...like a do it yourself method of teaching. Would you do that and then finish this beautiful painting? I hope I am not being harsh but this will help you see more.
    many thanks
  • Everything needs to be more round. Round = cute.