Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Signature.

edited June 4 in Introduce Yourself
I have a painting that is black in the background. Should I use a bright color for my signature in the lower right. I'm thinking a darker color. So that you can see it but barely. Then sign and date on the back. What's your opinion? 

Comments

• PaulBPaulB mod
    I would not use a bright color, neither would I date a picture.

I suggest a low-contrast color for the signature.  You want it legible, but it should not distract at all from the painting.
    marieb
  • Actually, I find signing the work one of the most difficult tasks in painting. That being said, ALWAYS sign your work! It is more important to sign the painting than date it. I usually use black on light backgrounds and light grey on dark ones. Some folks use a complimentary color from the color wheel. I finally gave up on trying to paint a signature and now I use a fine point permanent marker. As long as the paint is good and dry I have never had a problem with this method. Good luck ArtsieGirl I am looking forward to seeing your work )