Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Bread and Wine - First big DMP and Chiaroscuro challenge painting

This is my first big (for me) DMP painting although the small studies I did were also using the color checker, etc. It is 12x16, painted from a still life setup in my studio. I followed Mark's method pretty closely, blending only where I wanted to soften an edge and in the background, which I made up. The only departures were that I did an underpainting rather than a pencil drawing, and rather than mixing up all the color groups at once, I mixed a couple, then painted, then mixed more. Critiques, comments and suggestions much appreciated. Thanks for looking and thanks especially to Mark and David for sharing this with us!

Martin

P.S. @David, I was not able to upload the image directly to the site.
[Deleted User]GaryopnwydertjsgusdencalcynthiagwilsonCastilloChristelRonnasue_deutscheredwardSavannahshirley_seputstudioaniagarrykravitelenaCin_DVangiemariebMarcusshortybebehHarrellluisfranciscomycAmritpraweenajcdrNiharikagKLongpaul_sBob_AhamgreendlrrizocharisDamocles1haukeluishdastevonskiMaurice[Deleted User]PamTvalentinMelissaAlbertoHwyStarRosanneMichel97guysedavidwwilsonmcmlxix

Comments