Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Cuillin Range on Isle of Skye Scotland .

Comments

• I took three photos of this Painting I did never seem to get a decent photo so frustrating , comments please.....
    Rtaeger
  • Please keep trying to get a better photo of this painting.  Or, take it to a professional to have it done.  You deserve it!  I love the view you have painted.
  • Summer said:
    Please keep trying to get a better photo of this painting.  Or, take it to a professional to have it done.  You deserve it!  I love the view you have painted.
    Thanks Summer, might have to take it to a professional, hopeless at taking photos..

• Did u try to take the photo outside?
  • Bobitaly said:
    Did u try to take the photo outside?
    No inside...

• U should try outside, there is a topic were Mark explain how to take good photo even with smartphone. By experience, if u don't have a DSLR and only a phone the more good light there is the best because phone close the aperture automatically. If u have a DSLR the best could be a polarised filter, a long exposure and a tripod.
  • SummerSummer -
    edited May 14
    @cbor47

These may help.  What @Bobitaly is saying can be seen on these YouTube videos.  I also agree about the polarized filter, long exposure and a tripod.  I even use a cabled shutter release.

How to photograph a painting outdoors with a cell phone.

How to photograph a painting properly.

Summer
  • Bobitaly said:
    U should try outside, there is a topic were Mark explain how to take good photo even with smartphone. By experience, if u don't have a DSLR and only a phone the more good light there is the best because phone close the aperture automatically. If u have a DSLR the best could be a polarised filter, a long exposure and a tripod.
    Thanks very much....