Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Please help. I need to know what kind of pulley arrangement Mark used when he had a bad shoulder?

If anyone knows what kind of pulley arrangement Mark used when he had a bad shoulder, could you please let me know?  I am just about to start painting and I have spent many many hours studying everything he has to say on his website.  I haven't started painting yet as I still have to get the paints and I am having a new easel made. But I know that when I do start painting I am going to have a problem with pain in my shoulders.  I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me.    Dianna

Comments

• dencaldencal -
    edited May 11
    Dianna

Sounds like you have adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder.

Treatment is a cortico steroid injection into the joint and / or a gentle movement exercise.

Can resolve itself in a few weeks to a few years.

Seek professional advice. Bound to be a more effective cure than a pulley system for your easel.

Denis

BOB73
  • Consult your doctor and physical therapist. You may find that you will be more comfortable painting on a flat surface rather than an easel. If not, some vertical support for hand and wrist might be necessary. Pulley and counter-weight systems are extreme measures.
  • Hey Dianna, I am a doctor and the first advice is to go and see your general practitioner and ask for advices if u didnt yet. Online diagnosis is not possible at all, but a safe thing I can say is to not do anything causing pain and to do not delay the possible treatment. 
    BOB73
  • Hi Dianna, I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you from personal experience that if it is frozen shoulder, You must seek professional help for sure and quickly! I had PT for a month then had deep tissue messages to keep the shoulder open and unlocked. Good luck with your shoulder Dianna.
    BOB73