Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Obligatory Introduction Post

edited May 7 in Introduce Yourself
Long time digital design/game animator (grew up with 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision, 5200's, NES, etc.).  Adept in photoshop and owned my own digital game studio for many years.  Lately, nearing the half century mark, I find myself completely eschewing digital entertainment and frankly, technology in general.  I've become a fairly competent woodworker and bladesmith and I decided on a whim a few weeks ago that I wanted to try to paint.   With paint.  

I found Will Kemp's acrylic lessons, tried his apple (I only had a red one on hand) and loved the sheer act of painting it.  That sent me down the rabbit hole of 'realistic painting lessons' in the google and that's how I found Mr. Carder.   I ordered the Geneva Set 2 (here this week) brushes and glass palette from Amazon and built my easel, color checker and palette stand this weekend.  I still need to crack out the brush holder.

I don't know where I'll end up on this journey.  I've always thought I was more an art patron than a participant (I am a fan of Gauguin, Toulouse-Lautrec, Cezanne, Singer, Renoir's bathers, and Modigliani) but maybe I've bought into the hype that practice and diligence can overcome fierce raw talent.

My painting numero uno with cheap Walmart Acrylics on an 8X10 canvas and taken with a terrible cell phone camera (I sold my DSLR :( )

anweshaPaulBdencalRenoirSummerLschnitzerjudithArtsieGirl

Comments