Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

FINALLY LEARNING TECHNIQUE!!

Hi, my name is Julia Passamonti-Colamartino, I'm 58 years old and I've been painting in oils on and off since I was around 9 or 10 years old. I have a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, and an associate's in graphic design.  I took all the advanced classes in high school and won awards. I graduated top of my class in college.  My point?  NO, it's NOT to impress you, *grin* but rather to impress the point that despite all that "training" (other than learning Photoshop and web design in Graphic design school, which was HUGELY helpful), my painting never really progressed technically.  I learned NOTHING of technique in school, much to my bitter disappointment and thousands of dollars spent!  Moreover, I was picked apart for wanting to paint high realism, which left me less than satisfied with schooling in general. Consequently, I fought with the medium for YEARS afterwards, prompting me to quit, try again, quit, try again.  This last time, I did not touch a brush in more than 10 years. But then, I discovered Mark's freakin AWESOME free videos, and have been binge watching them for the last 2 weeks. In following them, I have corrected many bad habits that I didn't realize I even had! Painting for me has gone from being a total fight to a complete pleasure!  Words do not suffice to express my gratitude and appreciation for all Mark has offered, but THANK YOU!  Looking forward to participating in this forum.
dencalPaulBSummerBOB73Ronnatassieguyazcrazymanitou

Comments