Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Looking for a particular brush

SummerSummer -
edited April 1 in Studio & Supplies
Can anyone tell me what a 1/4" "fader" looks like?  Is this a nickname for another brush?  Can't find it in Search.  Thanks.  :)


  • SummerSummer -
    edited April 1
    The brush I am looking for is a 1/4" fader.  Anyone know of it?  Edit: It has been determined to be a flat shader and not a fader.  They are shaped like the traditional flats so you will recognize them as such, but they are a lot thinner in mass and not as long in bristle--mini detailer.  One brand is made out of synthetic sable material and can be used with oil, acrylic, gouache.  They are available for watercolor as well.  Appears to be a quality brush.  I found them on Amazon.  Sets are available.  No personal experience with them yet.     
  • Check out Jerry's Artarama before buying. They often have special offers like "Buy it and try it" sometimes for just a dollar or two.
Sign In or Register to comment.