Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

You're never too old -

https://www.jacksonsart.com/blog/2018/03/28/advice-realism-painters-part-2-leslie-watts/

I very much enjoyed this article.  It made me think of some here who are retired, entering competitions and shows and finding their way to success.
ForgivenessPaulBFlattyBoudiccaanweshaSummer

Comments

• Thank you, I especially appreciate the last paragraph too, ha,ha.

Boudicca
  • Leslie Watts said: "It’s important to remember that your work may not be loved by everyone everywhere, but it may very well be loved by someone somewhere, and you should work at exhibiting in as many diverse venues as possible." I think that may be the truest statement about art that was ever made. After a visit to a modern art exhibit my Dad said: "nail two things together that have never been nailed together before and somebody will buy it." Mark Carder said "it's all a matter of personal  taste" when he was explaining what happened the first time he submitted art to a gallery; One owner said his colors were his weakness, later the partner of the same gallery said color was his strength.
  • LOL I love the chapel painting, humor and realism hard combination to beat.

• A very good read.  :)
  • uh_clem said:
    LOL I love the chapel painting, humor and realism hard combination to beat.

Did you mean "bleat"?
    BOB73