Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

painting edges for gallery

Hi All!
I have a meeting with a gallery tomorrow and one of my paintings I never wrapped the painting around the edges. My question is should I paint the edge of the canvas with some acrylic paint, just to give it a more finished look, or just leave it as is? 

Comments

• SummerSummer -
    edited March 26
    I think if you can really match color, value, and chroma with the rest of the painting - you can only tell once the paint is dry - then acrylic would be your best option.  And, I would not volunteer that information to anyone at the gallery unless someone picks up on it.  I have seen black acrylic paint used as well as masking tape but I wouldn't.  
    JessicaArt
  • Finish it with acrylic paint, presentation is more professional, means everything.
    JessicaArt
  • do I have to try to wrap the painting around, or just pick a darl color that is in the painting and paint the whole edge that color? 

• Whatever looks good to you.  I'd try to make it my professional best.
  • SummerSummer -
    edited March 26
    I don't think "wrapping" the scene is possible at this stage because of the difference between the chroma of acrylics and oils.  A solid color is probably best.  Galleries will take black acrylic and that would probably be the fastest for you.  I would go for extending the background or dominant color of your painting.  Hope this helps: 

• If it is to be displayed, they will want it framed but you don't have to frame it just to show them what you have. But if you feel the need to cover the edges I'd go with black.