Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Krylon - quick dry for oils

Krylon Gallery Series Quick Dry for Oil Painting 11 oz CanNew product - any one tried this ? - I may give it ago

Comments

• dencaldencal -
    edited March 16
    alsart

OIL PAINTINGS STILL STICKY AFTER OVER A MONTH
    1  5
    1 out of  5 stars
    July 28, 2017by Kitt 
    fromAtlanta, GA, USA
    I used Quick Dry on several large oil paintings over a month ago and the overall surface is still very sticky. This product does not work.
    RESPONSE FROM KRYLONKrylon Customer Support, Product SupportJuly 31, 2017
    Hello. We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our paint. So that we can better assist you with this matter, please contact us directly at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-247-3268. Regards Krylon Customer Support
    Share:
    FacebookTwitter
    LOVE THIS PRODUCT...EXCEPT...
    3  5
    3 out of  5 stars
    September 10, 2016
    fromAppleton, WI, USA
    Describe Yourself:Professional Painter
    Where Did You Buy This Product:Other
    Okay So Im a Heavy procrastinator sometimes so when I need to travel with a painting or need to get it done and dry ASAP this has seriously been a god send.... However.... is there anyway to avoid the Tackiness thats left when its dry? the paintings seem totally dry after a couple days but they still feel sticky. Nothing lifts up but dust sticks to the surface like nobodies business. Help?show less
    I would recommend to a friend.

Krylon still has has a bit of development work to do on this product.
    The solvents in this product are really toxic. Can’t see it being part of my kit.

much of what this product does is handled nicely by Liquin.

Denis

alsart
  • I use water soluble (miscible) oils and they dry pretty quick.  I mean after one day they are fairly dry to the touch.  If I ass a lot of linseed oil it might be two days tops.
  • You can avoid and resolve this problem by switching products.  Use Gamvar, a product of Gamblin, the paint manufacturer.  You can apply it as soon as your paint is touch dry.  I wait a few extra days.  The only thing to avoid is applying it thickly.  One well applied thin coat will do, but sometimes, after drying a day or so, I apply a second thin coat.
    BOB73alsartmarieb
  • @broker12, Have you used Gamvar on work that was painted using the Slow Dry Medium ?