Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

loading a brush with paint

Hi everyone, hi Mark
I enjoy the discussions and your videos very much. I am new to Geneva oil paints and I am working on a canvas with them right now. 
I seem to have a problem, -with any oil colors- for loading paint on my brush. How do you do this, Mark? How come on your videos you have your brush fully loaded and can brush paint on the canvas several times whout going back to the puddle again?
Also, if for any reason I want to apply a glaze which médium do you recomend I use: I have quite a bit of Liquin, which I used to use before starting to paint with Geneva oils. What do you think?
I live in Mexico City and have quite good weather coditions, especially when it is not the rainy season, like now. I discovered that in order to dry the painting faster I must have a window open otherwise it takes forever to dry. I do love the buttery sensatión of the GPaints.
I would very much appreciate your answer.
Keep well
Alexis Celis

• This is a question best answered by Mark @Mark_Carder ; but Having the right brushes helps and you should also know the Geneva paints are formulated to not need additional mediums. They are also formulated to dry very slow to facilitate working in ala prima style and don't lend them selves to painting in layers/glazing. I load a brush by dipping and turning my brush in a scooping motion from a tablespoon size pile when I want to cover an area. These videos might help. The first is painting wet-in-wet (ala prima) the second is painting wet on dry.