Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Munsell Excel Spreadsheet

I've been reading up about the Munsell colour classification, and came across an excellent set of reference materials by Paul Centore (http://www.munsellcolourscienceforpainters.com/). Embedded within his site is a link to an interactive excel spreadsheet (written by Timo Teichert) that displays the closest RGB matches to the Munsell colours that are visible on a computer monitor. I found this really useful for getting my head around how hue, chroma and value relate to one another, and for understanding what something obscure like 2.5R-5-18 actually looks like. Paul's site is jam packed with interesting stuff, and is worth a look.

With the permission of the original authors I have made available here a slightly updated version of the sheet (the original one had a couple of issues when I tried to run it on my version on Excel). I also enhanced it a bit by making it easier to select the different combinations of hue, chroma and value to view, and I also made some other additions that are listed on the 'Intro' sheet.

When you open it you may get a security warning because it requires a few macro's to make it work - so you will need to make sure macro's are enabled in Excel in order to use it.

I hope you find it as useful as I did.

Here's a grab from one of the sheets:

PaulBmariebalsart

Comments