Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Another question

For my last painting i was so eager to get to work that i just color matched acrylic paint for the foundation stain in marks videoa. In the mean time i prepped a second canvas with genevas foundation stain. I just put the second coat on and it looks SO DARK! and more brown than neutral...did i do something wrong? Or will the color change as it dries?

Comments

• Looks fine to me, although it does look darker than I expected.  It could also be the photograph.  The neutrality aspect means it's neither bluish, reddish or yellowish.

At first it looked like an extreme close-up of a horse.
    ForgivenessJessicaArtmovealonghomeBOB73
  • edited March 8
                                                                                                 maybe this guide will help?
  • @PaulB maybe your right! Think i can sell that horse close up? Haha have to hang it on. The wall to dry because of this little feller
  • Ah yes, I have one of those.  It's the reason I have a palette cover, to keep the fluff out, but last year I had another one that walked across the palette a couple of times.  Not good.
    JessicaArt
  • JessicaArt

Don't worry. The main role of toning is to get rid of the glarey white.
    No such thing as too dark, except if you use thin or transparent paint.
    I am quite happy painting on black toned canvas.
    So stop horsing around :)

Denis
    BOB73PaulBJessicaArt
  • Ditto but How  did you get my Mother's afghan?  
    JessicaArt
  • Lol! To everyone! Haha i ended up just painting it on the regular stained color and it was fine. Was toying around with portraiture and wanted to see how quickly i could get it to this point...took longer than i hoped, but still crushing my old times at about 4 hours! 8x8 inches. I think my haste led to some mistakes, but overall happy. Especially when at first glance on the wall my husband asked me where i got the photo of Penny (our daughter) in this image i painted from shes staring off in a post nap trance. Haha #zonedout 
    dencalPaulB
  • Ooops! This should have been posted in response to my question about what color to stain the canvas for black and white painting!  Oye...guess thats what happens when you ask 100 questions. Lol sorry!
  • dencaldencal -
    edited March 10
    PaulB

Ah yes, I have one of those.  It's the reason I have a palette cover, to keep the fluff out, but last year I had another one that walked across the palette a couple of times.  Not good.
    Your cat probably saw you with your elbows in the palette and wanted to get with the fashion of the day.

Denis

PaulB