Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

You couldn’t be more wrong Flatty. 
That’s all I have to say.  

• If he is willing, I hope dencal - is on the shortlist of potential Moderators.  I'd be hard-pressed to think of anyone who has added more value to this forum than he has. 
  • Yes , let’s move on Flatty with this excellent forum. But before we do , could I respectfully ask you to retract that statement you made about me. It was unfair and totally untrue. 

I , and maybe some others , got the impression that you wanted to ‘pass on the torch’ as a matter of some urgency. After all , we do not know what your personal circumstances are or why you had the desire to leave. 

I thought you would be happy  that Paul agreed to take on the task and that so many people were behind him. 

I’m extremely sorry you thought I was glad you were leaving. On the contrary , as I stated in a public post to you , I felt you had done an excellent job and I was sorry to hear you were leaving. 

Having said that I appreciated that you couldn’t keep it up indefinitely as it’s a thankless and tough job. 

Not many would take it on. And I was afraid if you left it too long to get back to us about it , Paul would  lose his enthusiasm and withdraw his very generous offer. 

The forum is important to me , I like the people here and I very much enjoy my interaction with them. 

I also like and respect Mark Carder and I certainly don’t want to add to the pressures of his work. 

I hope you understand this Flatty. 

It has all been a terrible misunderstanding and I humbly apologise for my part in adding to it. 

The last thing we need is unnecessary confrontation on this very special forum. 

• FlattyFlatty admin
    Hillary please accept my sincere apology for that comment I made if you can. Thank you!
  • Absolutely no problem @Flatty.  
    I totally understand where you were coming from.   
    Thank you for your response. I’m so glad it’s sorted. 
  • Well I'm glad that's settled. Thanks @Flatty, Thanks @Hillary. Communication is key. MC checks in every so often and although he rarely takes the time (as if he had any) to comment, I see his avatar and am reassured he hasn't lost interest in the Forum. If there was urgency, I'm sure Mark would recognize it and step in. 
  • You’re so right @BOB73  _Thank you. 
    Sometimes things can get misconstrued with texting on this sort of forum.  and it’s such a shame. 
    People can get hurt unnecessarily. 
    So glad this was all sorted.  
    There are good people on this forum , that’s why I stay around. 

• ph1

Thank you. Appreciate the nomination. I decline.
    i want to contribute to the Forum. An admin role would constrain my freedom and independence.

• You certainly do make a very valuable contribution to the forum @dencal
    And your advice is always so well researched. 

• @dencal you are like the Headmaster at Hogwarts, a mighty wizard, a generous professor and wise in everything the artists need to know.