Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Orange Sunset - Finished #5 Oil Painting.

2»

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I just knew that my musical talents laid to rest would have to come out some other way! ha,ha!  Looks like a cute kitten, maybe it plays cello. hee,hee! How about I just let it go and just keep that between me and you for now, I'll see how this goes. Enjoy! Let me know if any further adjustments to consider, I need to sleep on this, kitten playing cello, sleep music? and come back refreshed. Maybe I'll title this Cat & Cello, abstract realism. ha,ha!
    Summer
  • It's called Pareidolia, seeing patterns in random data, or seeing critters in @tassieguy's tree.
    Forgiveness
  • edited February 2018
    Thank you, after all these years, there is a name for it. I enjoy it when this happens, I see a lioness' back of her head, a bit of her profile of side of her face and a bit of her shoulder with indication she is lying comfortably on the ground looking back to the right of the scene. The back of her shoulder leaning against the Cello, this may not make sense to anyone else! no worries. it's fun! and at least these ones are perfectly safe if ever discovered by anyone else, not like finding gnomes and gargoyles which can be disturbing as I came to learn.
    PaulB
  • Well done, great colors and feeling, warm, @Forgiveness
    Forgiveness
  • edited February 2018
    Thank you @ alsart, I've signed it and now completed and cleaning my palette for what's next.
  • Forgiveness - great colours, looking forward to see it finished!

Forgiveness
  • @Forgiveness ; All I can think to say is that you nailed it!  It truly appears complete now.  You created a line of sight that is so easy to follow from the foreground.  It leads to the middle ground where all the action is happening and where I can stay a long time if I wish - with the kitten and the cello - and return to land when I am finished for the day.  Summer
    Forgiveness
  • PaulB said:
    It's called Pareidolia, seeing patterns in random data, or seeing critters in @tassieguy's tree.
    I found this quote which is not only relevant, but beautifully stated:
    “Fifty thousand years ago there were these three guys spread out across the plain and they each heard something rustling in the grass. The first one thought it was a tiger, and he ran like hell, and it was a tiger but the guy got away. The second one thought the rustling was a tiger and he ran like hell, but it was only the wind and his friends all laughed at him for being such a chickenshit. But the third guy thought it was only the wind, so he shrugged it off and the tiger had him for dinner. And the same thing happened a million times across ten thousand generations - and after a while everyone was seeing tigers in the grass even when there were`t any tigers, because even chickenshits have more kids than corpses do. And from those humble beginnings we learn to see faces in the clouds and portents in the stars, to see agency in randomness, because natural selection favours the paranoid. Even here in the 21st century we can make people more honest just by scribbling a pair of eyes on the wall with a Sharpie. Even now we are wired to believe that unseen things are watching us.” Peter Watts, Echopraxia
    SummerForgivenessalsart
  • Thank you @PaulB, that's terrific! much appreciated.
    PaulB
  • Beautiful work @Forgiveness it has a vibrancy unique! 

Forgiveness
  • Very interesting painting, I really love your palette and the way you simplyfy the seascape
    Forgiveness
  • This painting would really energise you. Not a painting to hang in a bedroom if you wanted to get any sleep. 
    The colours are so vibrant. The painting is ON FIRE. 
    It’s beautiful @Forgiveness, and very unique. 
    The kitten is enjoying the sunset. 
    I bet you this painting was very liberating to paint. A lot of emotion in it. 
    KaustavForgiveness
  • I like this painting @Forgiveness ; i also enjoy the graphic elements in it!
    Forgiveness
  • edited February 2018
    <3 Thank you both @ Kaustav, much appreciated. And @Hilary you are spot on in all you mentioned and so much appreciated! I don't think I've left this spot in my heart, still much on fire inside burning bright with a wonderful healing energy indeed, seems this burns bright forever. This piece is only the first, maybe not quite as well developed as well as could be, but a good start and example none the less. Both of you and everyone make my day everyday! This fits and hangs beautifully, lighting up my studio looking great next to my portrait painting as well (surprise element)!
    HilaryKaustav
  • Brilliant job @Forgiveness this is the style that a lot of people are buying these days. I hope someone will want to buy it from you.
    Forgiveness
  • Is that a big guitar trying to hide in the clouds. I don't think the highlights need to be softened.
    Forgiveness
  • edited March 2018
    Thank you, this is complete now, signed and drying right next to my portrait that I completed recently in the portrait challenge. Looks great! Has the center of attention in my studio, looking so well and comforting.
    alsart
  • edited March 2018
                                                                                         Thanks once more for your support and encouragement and know how. These are hanging in my studio to dry as you see.
    michalis