Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Work in progress

this is my third attempt away from my bob ross landscapes, still need to go back and tighten up some lines and brighten some values
jswartzartbixbyBOB73bethskgmelTsandwich

Comments

• I like the way the rust is threatening to show through. Is this supposed to be a low-rider? 1958 Chevy step-side.
    mattyblue
  • BOB73 said:
    I like the way the rust is threatening to show through. Is this supposed to be a low-rider? 1958 Chevy step-side.
    Thanks, and yeah the actual truck looks lowered or slammed, definitely not factory height! The rust parts are one of the things I need to fix, tonight hopefully. One thing I learned doing this that surprised me was the reflection of the bumper, all the colors I used there were grass colors just lightened a bit
  • Very nice.  I think you are progressing nicely.  The trees and grass show your Ross background so you may want to try some variation there.  Trucks are actually quite hard to paint well.  This one is very close but has several issues with one point perspective.  All the lines in the grill should point to a single spot in the distance off to the lower right.  All the lines in the passenger side should point to a spot at upper left.  I hope this is the sort of feedback you want.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    mattybluejswartzart
  • MikeDerby said:
    Very nice.  I think you are progressing nicely.  The trees and grass show your Ross background so you may want to try some variation there.  Trucks are actually quite hard to paint well.  This one is very close but has several issues with one point perspective.  All the lines in the grill should point to a single spot in the distance off to the lower right.  All the lines in the passenger side should point to a spot at upper left.  I hope this is the sort of feedback you want.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Thank you for the feedback! I agree, the perspective would probably look better if I used the two point method to draw it, but I thought I could get a close enough likeness with only my divider. My brush probably took away from the perspective lines a bit when I painted them. 
  • It’s not perfect but I’m leaving it alone and moving on, it’s not quite realism yet but every painting counts I guess 
    PaulBedavison
  • Here’s the reference photo for comparison 
    jswartzart
  • Good work.

I think the decision to move on is right, this one has taught you things about perspective and reflections.  As your comment states, every painting counts, and the effort you continue to put in will push the realism.  Your next one will likely improve in all aspects: drawing, color matching and brushwork.

This is a very difficult image to capture, straight lines and 3D forms are not easy to get right.
    jswartzartmattyblue
  • Every one counts is right. This is a good job overall. Is this your ride?
    mattyblue
  • BOB73 said:
    Every one counts is right. This is a good job overall. Is this your ride?
    No, I would love to have an old chevy! I do have a cherry numers matching 78 solar gold trans am for sale though!
    PaulB