Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

How to use the quote icon

I see how people can set a quote block of another posting as a way to direct their own response. How do you do this? I see the quote icon, but when I use it, and I preview my post, the quote block doesn't appear.

Comments

• Are you highlighting the text, then clicking the blockquote icon?

If you are, the html text < blockquote > and < /blockquote > should appear on either side of the highlighted text.
  • Hillyman said:

I see how people can set a quote block of another posting as a way to direct their own response. How do you do this? I see the quote icon, but when I use it, and I preview my post, the quote block doesn't appear.

Just click on the quote icon as I did to get the above. It doesn't show up in 'Preview' but will show up when you 'Post comment". For me, I didn't have to highlight any of your text to do this - may be different for Karen's computer.
  • I'm using Firefox and the Javascript didn't work at all when I first joined up.

But Gary is right (and I misunderstood your question). If you are quoting another post in the same thread, just click quote at the bottom of the post.
    Gary said:

Just click on the quote icon as I did to get the above. It doesn't show up in 'Preview' but will show up when you 'Post comment". For me, I didn't have to highlight any of your text to do this - may be different for Karen's computer.

If you want to quote a text from off site you use the quote marks at the top of the post to put it in a blockquote.

Sorry if I'm confusing. (often)

• Thank you all. I think I got it now. The trick is to use the "Quote" icon (with that word) at the bottom of the post that you want to grab from and quote, between the "Flag" and "Off Topic" icons. I was using the quote icon (just the symbol) at the top of my reply box, since I thought that was the way to start grabbing from the other person's post.
    KarenGary
  • Hillyman said:

Thank you all. I think I got it now. The trick is to use the "Quote" icon (with that word) at the bottom of the post that you want to grab from and quote, between the "Flag" and "Off Topic" icons. I was using the quote icon (just the symbol) at the top of my reply box, since I thought that was the way to start grabbing from the other person's post.

Exactly

Denis