Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Another question on paint mediums

I live in Mexico and so have been using the DMP formula for slow-dry medium as all the ingredients are available here. It works great in that I get an open time of 5 days or more before the paint dries to the touch. However, the fumes from the venice turpentine in the medium are an issue for me in my small studio. I saw that Gamblin recommends, for a high viscosity slow-dry medium to use their Gamsol odorless mineral spirits with poppy oil in a 50/50 mix for a 4-5 day dry time and –– no fumes. Does anybody have any experience with this medium?

Comments

• Holy crap I'm in Mexico too. (replying in English so that everyone understands) where do you buy the materials for the medium?? I can't seem to find them!!

Also can you tell me the names in Spanish haha. I'm in Mexico city. 
  • Almost all mediums have smells. No matter what you use you should also make sure to have good ventilation. The easiest is a small (4"-8") fan that can blow across in front of you and towards the mediums and paint then hopefully continue toward an open window or door.
    Fullmooncorpcbswan
  • edited December 2017
    Holy crap I'm in Mexico too. (replying in English so that everyone understands) where do you buy the materials for the medium?? I can't seem to find them!!

Also can you tell me the names in Spanish haha. I'm in Mexico city. 

I live in Mérida and we have a store, ArqLine, that has everything needed for the mediums except for the clove oil. I bought that from Amazon and had it shipped to a visitor coming down here for a visit.
    Fullmooncorp