Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

How can I save my linen?

So, I started a landscape on stretched linen (Claessens #13, oil pre-primed), which I stained. I invested about 12hrs in painting, and after about 6hrs (overnight) the paint had gone very tacky, and very blotchy. My first two paintings were on acrylic primed aluminum and with those I had no problems with the paint (mixed with SDM) prematurely drying, or with sinking in to such an extent that a smooth gradation turned into leopard spots.

In disgust I scraped the surface clean and have scrubbed it with solvent. The question I have is what I should do now? My first inclination was to re-prime it, but I wasn't sure if it should be with acrylic or oil-based primer? I thought I could also try some of  @MikeDerby's magic marble fairy dust. Any suggestions welcome.

I was also wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

In the meantime I've started a small still life on aluminum panel - same paint, same environmental conditions - and its all going just fine.
MikeDerby

Comments