Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

brushes. Synthetic or natural or combo????. Much appreciate your thoughts on bristle type

brushes. Synthetic or natural or combo????. Much appreciate your thoughts on bristle type

Comments

• Mikep

i estimate my collection of brushes to be 50/50 pig bristle and synthetic fibre.
    First choice for accurate line or shape detail would be synthetic, but if I need texture, visible brushstrokes or the ability to move big gobs of thick paint, bristle is the answer.

Synthetic is easier to clean.

Denis
    Mikep
  • Apart from what @dencal noted above, I would have also categorized brushes in three segments:
    1. Bad brushes: can be used for initial laying in as these cannot be affected by coarse canvas surface (cheap bristle brushes)
    2. Better brushes: for modelling, shape correction etc. (good bristle brushes, average synthetic bristle brushes)
    3. Best brushes: for important final touches, hiding brushmarks, beautifying, doing details etc. (Rosemary type brushes, best quality, sable brushes, synthetic sable)

Mikepjswartzart