Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Question on photo editing?

I have a different post working on my attempt to paint the young lady below.   I thought the flesh tones were too orange and yellow in the photo and came up with my own colors.  

I've tried editing the colors using GIMP, but can't seem to improve them.  What I wanted to do is to make the colors look more natural and not so much like a cheap spray on tan.  No luck.

Can anyone give me guidance on how to improve skin tones in a photo?  Either using GIMP or Photoshop/Lightroom?  (I plan to switch to Photoshop/Lightroom in a few weeks.). A lot of the colors look good to me, but then shift toward too much yellow as I get into the shadow areas.

Comments

• I will be interested to see what they all say, but that explains why it is pink. Now i remember you saying you used your own colors. Keep up the good work.
  • edited October 4
    One tip is to find a picture of another woman with the skin colour/saturation you are looking for, and then adjust the hue and saturation of your photo to match it.

I've never used GIMP but there are tons of videos/tutorials/instructions showing how to do this in Photoshop.

Or you could simply drag down the "saturation" slider a bit as I did here. If you're not sure how to do that try googling how to adjust saturation on photo in GIMP or PS

You can also change the "warmth" of the lighting in an image so try looking up how to do that as well.

Jack2015