Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Art History You Tubes

A friend of mine (a starving artist) here in Ireland is working on a series of YouTube videos about famous artists. They are very good, although, his vocal mix is not right (and, while I can hear it, I haven't a clue how to fix it - help, anyone?) I suspect he needs a better microphone but he is a starving artist... Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you all would watch, comment, and subscribe to his chanel. Maybe he can get enough subscriptions to buy more Carder paint (I traded a set for painting help).  Thanks!!

• Weatherford

Two problems detected.

The easiest to fix is the room acoustics. Sounds like the recording was made in a tiled room.
    There is a harsh treble echo that can be reduced by building a small box with acoustic foam panels. Place the microphone in the box on a table and speak in towards the box opening.

The audio lacks mid range. Will be alleviated by the box but a better mike I think is the answer.

• edited September 2017
    @Weatherford    I will check these out this evening - thank you for posting.  I spend hours and hours watching youtube art history channels.    I need someone to do one about Henri Le Sidaner, I am starving for more information about one of my all time favorite artists.  His family posted one in French and German and the subtitles were completely off and hilarious.  I need an interpreter.  
  • I don't have any suggestions to the problems but I felt the narration and background music were both very good. The problems with voice quality, were not even noticeable a few minutes into the video, because of the narration. Subscribed!
  • @Weatherford   I found both to be very informative.  The only suggestion I have is that in the Manet video, he made reference to "as I stated earlier about Cezanne" or something like that - it made me think I missed something in the video but he was referring to another video.  Each should stand alone - I watched the Manet first so found that a bit confusing.  He could say "in a previous video about Cezanne, I stated....." or something like that.  People aren't going to watch his videos in order - especially if they are searching the topic.  He is very knowledgeable!!!  Thank you for sharing.