Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Pls HELP - Slow Dry Medium Mix Error and Question

Hi,

I am just getting set up, and mixing my Mediums.  When I mixed the Titanium White Medium, I made an error.

What will be the impact of adding 5 parts Stand Oil, instead of 1?  Do I need to throw the mix out and start over?

Here is the Formula for reference in answering my question.  Please help as soon as possible!  I am waiting to start my first painting.

10 parts OMS
1 part Stand of Linseed Oil  (I added 5 instead of 1)
5 parts Refined Linseed Oil
5 parts Venice Turp

Comments

• Krystina

How much did you make in total fluid quantity ? A small amount could be set aside and mixup a fresh batch.

You could  multiply the other components by five ie another 30 parts OMS, 20 parts RLO and 20 parts VT.
    Sealed bottles in a dark cool cupboard will keep good for ages. 

Denis

Julianna
  • I think the problem may be that the white paint will now be thicker than your other paints. It may not actually be THAT big of a problem because you will still be mixing it with other paints anyway.

My paints get thick on my palette after a couple days but I still use them.

If it's really bad then try denis's suggestion or just add more linseed oil or whatever. I wouldnt worry too much.