Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Geneva pigment oil separation?

i've found that my Geneva paint tends to have the oil and pigment to separate.  So, I started "massaging" the tube before squeezing it out.  Sometimes it still comes out too thin. 

how do other Geneva users prevent the pigment and oil from separating?  

By the way, I LOVE the paint!  If I need to, I'll just deal with this problem.  The benefits of not having aluminum sterate or beeswax added is worth any inconvenience!
PaulB

Comments

• This happens to me too, and you can't prevent it.  What I do is make sure the lid is closed, put my finger on the lid to ensure it stays closed, then shake it as hard as I can for a few seconds.

After that I unscrew the white cap, because it contributes nothing, and just provides an additional location for a mess. Then I squeeze directly onto the palette, keeping the nozzle very close to the palette, because sometimes when there is air in the tube, it comes out explosively.

I try to keep air out of the tubes.
  • SummerSummer -
    edited September 24
    I just remix when this happens to me.  It usually happens when I have thick piles of colors already on the palette.  Also try not to put heavy "steps" on a tilted palette lest the oil separate and migrate and contaminate the other steps and eventually drip all over your palette stand and onto the floor.
  • Me too -  shake & stir is the way to go I like these paints and don't mind the smell at all 
    Summer
  • I love the odor!  Reminds me of Christmas!!

thanks for the info.