Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Charcoal Drawings (shipwreck museum)

A little quick post on what I've been up to recently. I was working on a painting of a white rose and was making consistent progress. Just when I thought the end of the painting was in sight me and my wife went on vacation and then I started a new job. 

Needless to say, with everything going on my painting routine went out the window. I'm trying to get myself back into a habit of making art before I return to that painting since I care about it so much. So I decided to pick up some toned paper and make some charcoal drawings including white charcoal for highlights...something I've always wanted to try but never done. All these drawings are based off of photos I took at the DiscoverSea shipwreck museum in Delaware. 

Some critique would be great, I'm new to this drawing style. One thing I've been doing is letting the white charcoal and dark charcoal blend together at certain spots...I think I remember hearing that your not supposed to do that but I'm not sure. 

anweshaKaustavRichard_PRenoirIrishcajunForgivenessBOB73

Comments