Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Thank you Mark Carder

I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to computers and electronic equipment.  My husband bought me a very nice Sony camera some years ago and I never figured out how to work it and just set it to auto.  No matter how I tried, in photographing my oil paintings, none of the photographs did my paintings justice.   I broke down last week and bought a fancy something or other by Nikon that shoots RAW.  So, I went back to reading Mr. Carder's photo tips, watching his videos on how to photograph and also watched many videos on how to use my new camera. 

I completely stink and it is very aggravating.  I happened upon another video again today about exposure (the one about film sets and over exposure) and then it hit me, instead of trying to bracket while taking pictures (which I was failing miserable at) - I went back and under-exposed some of the ones I had already taken.  It made the colors more true and are the best photos I've ever taken of my work.

I'm not saying that my paintings are fantastic but I am FINALLY getting the hang of photographing my work!  I am so excited and couldn't have done it without all the resources here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
PaulBSummerBoudiccaFlattyBOB73

Comments

• SummerSummer -
    edited September 4
    I believe David Carder was responsible for the development of the photography section and it has been on my mind as well to thank him for making key concepts understandable and mostly for leaving out the unnecessary which I run across all the time out there in the wild.  If you are seeing this, David, Thank You.  Summer
    PaulB