Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Opportunity for promote your art with classical music

Dear Members,

My name is Alex, I'm working at Opus Dissonus, which is a classical music related team, and I'm here to make an invitation specially for the ones who are interested in the cultural exchange from the relations with other arts.
We are looking for people who may be interested in making any kind of visual art which can be used to illustrate some compositions which we will promote in internet (youtube), blogs, newspapers and maybe magazines over the next years.

The themes of the artworks are:
1 - "The Masque of the red death"
(for a Symphonic Poem based on Edgar Allan Poe's tale)

2 - "Anasazi"
(for a Ballet Music based in the ancient indians from Colorado/USA)

3 - "Curupira"
(for a Symphonic Poem based on Anita Cimirro's tale about the brazilian legend - we will provide the text)

4 - "Saci-Pererê"
(for a Symphonic Poem based on Anita Cimirro's tale about the brazilian legend - we will provide the text)

The music was already composed by Maestro Artur Cimirro and he would like to discuss some ideas with the artists involved in the project concerning the selected images.

So, if you have interest, please contact me at: opusdissonus@gmail.com and send me some examples of your work if possible.

Unfortunately we can't offer any fee, this is just an opportunity to artists who are interested in showing their works and make their art dealing with other arts.
At some point, we will try to organize a small exposition of such works together with a concert in different countries and hopefully this will give a good return as a fee to the artists in the future.
And of course, we hope future projects will happen and then we will offer better opportunities as well.

So, we hope to hear from you soon!
Regards
Alex Petrongari

Comments

• Artists are often given the "opportunity" to work for free. The carrot being that their work will be seen. Unfortunately this devalues and cheapens the efforts of all artists.
    BOB73PaulB
  • Boudicca said:
    Artists are often given the "opportunity" to work for free. The carrot being that their work will be seen. Unfortunately this devalues and cheapens the efforts of all artists.
    We fully understand this, anyway, this is not the same kind of opportunity you mention because here we are not dealing with something that will give us any money.

Maestro Cimirro, which is the composer of the music and responsible for this idea, had not received any fee and it is not his intention to make money with such project, his idea is to deal with some artists making the art of music in connection with other arts.
    Of course artists needs money for their daily living, nobody can live only for the love of art.
    Anyway the project idea is something like "people together can do more than one alone when mixing arts" and it is related to thinking about the future more than to what happens tomorrow.

I really hope some people here will understand that we are not trying to use somebody's work for us. We are just looking for talented people who can find some minutes in their life to make something out "of the market" without the "capitalist rush" in mind.

The term "opportunity" in this case is more related to the fact that we want to promote the connection between great artists no matter if they have a good CV and recommendations or not.
    So we hope to hear from the interested ones in participate.

• It would probably be useful if you included this additional information with your request
  • My fault indeed. This is the first time we try to arrange something like this, and we are moved by our love by art (O.D. is not our primary job), So critics are welcome to improve what we can plan/offer/try.