Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Student of art - glad to be here

Hello everyone. I found Mark's videos to be incredibly helpful and my work has already improved even though I've only been at it for a few weeks.
When I was young I had 'natural art talent' and started college majoring in art. I loved line drawing, sketching, painting with acrylics, etc. But I had never even attempted oil paints.
I changed majors and stopped 'doing art'.
30 years later and I was given a French easel and lots of supplies and paint. And I found myself afraid of color! I realized I didn't truly understand Color Theory. So I spent loads of hours watching Mark's videos before I started. 
My first few paintings are awful, but I recently found some significant improvement and I am encouraged. It was as though I had lost all my 'natural talent' but I'm re-learning from Mark's excellent advice.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope that in the future I can join in more discussions.
This was my first 'successful' still life: two grapefruits. I never completed the background though.