Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Yellow pencil

the so pencil was not available at our local  Sick Blicks so I just bought a yellow pencil, I am wondering what the difference is. The one I bought does not work. I noticed in my search they have soft pencils and watching the videos there is very little pressure applies as Mark draws on his treated canvas.So is the soho a soft pencil?
PaulB

Comments

• @Kschaben I have found that if my stain color is not dark enough I can't see the yellow pencil.  I also tried a generic yellow pencil first, and it lifted off the panel as I painted and turned to dust.  Strange.

I now have the right pencil, but I still need a darker stain.  I apply almost no pressure and it marks the panel nicely, so I think it is indeed a soft pencil.
  • RoxyRoxy -
    edited July 4
    I used Rembrandt Lyra Polycolor oil-based pencils, that I can buy singly from a local office supply store (OfficeWorks, in Oz) for about $2 each. As they are oil based any mistakes wipe off with a cloth with some solvent. They seem to be a medium hardness, and easy to maintain a sharp point. I figured as an oil-based product they would play nicely with oil paint - and they seem to.

BoudiccaBancroft414
  • FlattyFlatty admin
    I use pastel pencils . No issues so far
    cadia
  • @Kschaben ;  I purchased two SoHo naples yellow light pencils figuring that I would go through them like crazy but I don't like them at all.  I cannot see my drawing and strain to see any rendering - no matter how dark the canvas stain seems to be - I am back to my favorite - vine charcoal.  I don't know what I am doing wrong with the yellow pencil but I have found it to be completely useless. 
    Forgiveness