Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Nice blending demonstration, showing milky colors

Florent Farges has a nice demonstration of blending.  He paints two spheres side by side, one with blending, one with just application of the right color/value in the right place, with a loaded brush.  He cites Speed and Sargent as examples to follow.  It confirms and vividly demonstrates what Mark is telling us.

rautchetanForgivenessdencalanweshaMartin_J_CraneRoxySummer

Comments

• Thank you, this affirms my last painting, #2 precisely, and yes vividly demonstrates what Mark has been teaching us. I needed that!
    PaulBanwesha
  • edited June 14
    Also see Mark's video named "Wet On Dry Oil Painting Demo", found in a thread here named "What I've Been Working On" ArtistMartin1 June 8 c/o Movealonghome June 12 posting.
    PaulB
  • I actually saw this before finding mark carder. Nice to watch it again now that i understand more
    PaulB
  • edited June 15
    Great demonstration. There is so much more vitality in the second sphere. And if you look at Sargent's work closely you can see that he rarely blends but puts a dab of the right value/colour and shape in the right place then leaves it alone. The difficulty (and the skill) is in mixing the right value/colour and  getting a correctly shaped blob of that mixture in the right place. And, just as difficult, is then leaving it alone. I fiddle and fuss too much but will keep trying to develop this skill.
    PaulBBOB73Forgiveness
  • Great video, thanks for posting Paul.
    PaulB