I just received my linseed oil today, and I read the warning label. The label says that due to risk of spontaneous combustion, linseed oil rags should be disposed of in metal containers, in water. Now I've watched more video demonstrations of oily rags spontaneously combusting than a person should.
Are you taking any precautions? I've not seen any mention of this here, presumably because we are only dealing with drops of oil, not whole soaked rags. Then again, isn't a canvas essentially a linseed-oil soaked rag?