Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

New Brushes-I'm Impressed

Just received some new brushes. I'm very impressed with the quality, and yes!, the speed of the order. I ordered them, then, two days later (in the morning) they arrived. Shipped from England to the northeast U.S.  Takes a week or more for something to arrive from Illinois or North Carolina. ;-} Go figure... ;)

• I use Rosemary brushes too. They are very popular amongst artists I've seen at shows here in the UK.
  • I bought some, too, and they are really great brushes but they don't take rough treatment. I have to stop pushing my brushes around.
  • Keep on pushin Rob. Looks like it's workin for ya :)
  • Just got back from PACE and they had a VERY busy booth there.  Gotta place an order and see what all the fuss is about.
  • I just recently heard of these Rosemary brushes a couple of days ago. Glad to see some positive reports. Will order some soon.
  • I bought some a few weeks ago and also like them. So far I have not abused them too badly, lol... Just started painting again (local group class) and have one almost done and another started. After a while I was reaching only for the Rosemary Brushes. That said... I really needed new brushes so most of my old ones are no competition, haha...
  • Ahh! Rosemary brushes...I won't buy those; I don't need those...  :/ 
    Don't have money to buy those  :s
  • I bought a bunch of brushes of a variety of "name brands" on special sale from Artists & Craftsman (from their original store in Portland, ME). Turns out, they found a warehouse FULL of "second" quality brushes at the manufacturers' location. ALL the brushes (from Princeton to Daler-Romney, SOHO,  and many, MANY other brands) were made in the same plant - the manufacturing mistakes were things like printing errors, or no bar code, etc. Some really, REALLY top brushes, and some cheap ones - all cheap in price.  Unfortunately, they have finally run out of this wonderful sale :'(   I keep hoping they will find another warehouse but it seems unlikely. ;)

Will check out the Rosemary brushes next... My current favourites are Langnickel Royal Sable (also purchased on sale from A & C, but not on the special sale.... ;) )

I recommend A&C if you are ever in Portland (or any other town where they have a store.)  It's employee owned, so they really, REALLY know how to treat and help their customers!!
  • Perfect timing! Thanks for sharing!
  • I love my Rosemary brushes! I have about 5 or so of their sable blends and they are almost the only brushes I use 
  • Yes, I love my Rosemary Ivory brushes.
  • Cesar Santos talks up Rosemary Brushes and give some chat about uses for different brushes

• He's as much fun as Bob Ross. He seems not to agree with my use of FAN brushes for grasses, hair and fur. When I win the lotto I'll get a drawer full of those rosemary brushes; maybe. I still like the fat-skinny-fat long handles on my W&N brushes. Thanks for posting this video, @Boudicca.