Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

This is my nephew John.  I told him I would not be painting him in the style of a fashion model.  It would be rougher, more masculine.  He said "I'm Fine with That".   :)
This is looser and freer.  A real departure for me.  I see some good things and some things I am not so enamored with.  I did it in two weekends with plenty of other things going on, so I guess I have 16-20 hours in it.  Its 24x20, oil on panel, which is also a departure for me.  I love the feel of the brush across the smooth panel.  I made it with masonite from the home center and added stretchers to the back for stability.  Then I routed the edges for smoothness and uniformity.  Finally, I applied 2-3 coats of gesso and sanded between coats. There are no nails or screws, just glue.
Finally, I used a Zorn palette for the face and  mixed everything on the fly.  A total departure from the method and for me personally.  I did check colors so they are pretty close.
I hope he likes it.  Let me know what you think.