Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

creating a painting space

I copied this from the color mixing forum because my reply best suites this forum. 

goosamoz said:
Thanks Denis that's really helpful - I think I need to find a studio! I'm realizing how very controlled the light has to be, getting it just right - I will look at the vids again.
cheers

goosamoz you really don't need much space to create a painting space.   Here's a little sketch of my computer room and painting space.    Granted I'm single so I don't have to worry about sharing the space, your situation may be different.   You could create a painting space out of a closet by attaching the easel onto the wall and accordion style door for easy access.

Comments

• edited May 15
    Your space looks well laid out, however I would consider reviewing lighting recommended for painting. I would refer to what Mark recommends. 2 x 5000K 85w 1400mA 5350 lumens, these are less expensive to purchase than 6 or 12 led 5000K 100w 228mA1500 lumens including the purchase of the sockets for each of these. I have 1 x 5000K 85w and 6 x 5000K 100w led  in my studio. I started out with 4 x 5000K 100w, I have approximately same size studio space as you above. I plan to replace 6 led 100w 5000K bulbs with one 5000k 85w eventually. What I have right now works fantastic and I feel satisfied! You may have to adjust the way that you light your shadow box with your new lighting set up. My lights are placed 8ft. high, I have a 9ft. ceiling.

• Your space looks well laid out, however I would consider reviewing lighting recommended for painting. I would refer to what Mark recommends. 2 x 5000K 85w 1400mA 5350 lumens, these are less expensive to purchase than 6 or 12 led 5000K 100w 228mA1500 lumens including the purchase of the sockets for each of these. I have 1 x 5000K 85w and 6 x 5000K 100w led  in my studio. I started out with 4 x 5000K 100w, I have approximately same size studio space as you above. I plan to replace 6 led 100w 5000K bulbs with one 5000k 85w eventually. What I have right now works fantastic and I feel satisfied! You may have to adjust the way that you light your shadow box with your new lighting set up. My lights are placed 8ft. high, I have a 9ft. ceiling.

Hi Forgiveness, thanks for the information on your set up.    I only have an 7ft ceiling.  When I draw my black out curtains close it cuts my room size down by 1/4 so my lighting seams to be working for me right now.   But I will keep what you advise under consideration if things change.   Thank you. 
    Forgiveness