Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Update on Devon Rodriguez

I'm happy to report that one of our alumni from this forum, Devon Rodriguez, has been attracting a lot of attention lately.  He is now being represented by one of the biggest art dealers in Manhattan.   His paintings are selling for nearly $10,000 for a 30 x 40" piece.

This is one of his latest works, titled Irvin, which was on the cover of a magazine.

jswartzartForgivenessTerancedencalrautchetanLizONealRonnatassieguyanweshaedwardAndresPortilloRenoirSummerKaustavmichalisWeatherfordRosanneFlattyIrishcajunergBancroft414

Comments

• Oh my gosh, that's awesome Devon!

garrykravit
  • edited April 28
    His work is stunning! I'm sorry he doesn't call in here. He is an inspiration and could be such a help to us beginners.
  • Lol...Alumni.

Isn't he like 20?

Incredible talent...really happy for him.
    marieb
  • He's improved! Awesome. So happy for him!
  • @garrykravit, I haven't been on the forum for months and months...so many new names but so good to see you are still here. Last I heard of Devon he was doing something with Mark...I am so pleased for him, he was such a hard worker. 
  • Awesome! Did not know him but incredible work.
    garrykravit

• tassieguy said:

His work is stunning! I'm sorry he doesn't all in here. He is an inspiration and could be such a help to us beginners.

Tassieguy, I will share your sentiment with him.

Bancroft414
  • garrykravit - How about an update on the talened Garry Kravit.  Your paintings were awesome, and then you went off to go get even better at an Atelier and ????  Would love to see what you have been up to.  Thanks for the update on Devon.
    Forgivenessgarrykraviterg
  • All really good paintings, @garrykravit. I especially like the flower study although I may not have included all the yellow petals at bottom. I love the broad treatment of the flowers and the vase is stunning.
  • There's something very saddening about the painting with the gun. Makes me think of suicide
  • tassieguy said:
    All really good paintings, @garrykravit. I especially like the flower study although I may not have included all the yellow petals at bottom. I love the broad treatment of the flowers and the vase is stunning.
    move along home said:
    There's something very saddening about the painting with the gun. Makes me think of suicide
     Thank you, guys.

The  idea of the hat/gun painting is that it’s a tribute to our Federal Law Enforcement airline pilots who are Federal flight Deck Officers (FFDO,) as well as being a sad statement about the world today.
  • Thanks for the update, good to see you are still painting.  I still want to take a sip from your Knob Creek still life.  The tribute to those in service could be done for any of the servies and would be moving to those involved. Great job.
    garrykravit
  •   The tribute to those in service could be done for any of the servies and would be moving to those involved. 
    Agreed, I.C.    Thing is, it's a confidential Sensitive Security program.  In other words, those deputized are only supposed to reveal their status to those with a need to know.  Therefore ... let's just say that I have special feelings for this group in ensuring that those operating as the last line of defense in civil aviation are acknowledged.
    Renoir
  • Semper Fi  May God Bless and protect your brothers, and know we are all grateful.
    garrykravitRenoir