Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Painting Realism Part 3

Just finished watching Mark's Part 3 on Painting Realism.  I think I'll have to watch it another time or two to understand everything.

He seems to be putting in two or three layers to bring up the highlights and color.  In the bottle, he painted the bottle the more neutral underlying color and then came back and brought up the green in it.  In the box, on the carving, he also did that in several layers.

very interesting!  I really like his careful, methodical approach!  Looks like it take a light touch with the brush, though.
Forgiveness

Comments

• edited April 11
    I never hesitate to watch Mark's videos as many times as I need to until I have enough confidence in myself with his method. Part of oil painting demands good control, masterful with the brushes and this comes in time with each painting that I paint. Mark's careful and methodical approach allows me to understand enough, to gain enough confidence in my ability to at least try his method and give this an honest good go at it.
    mstrick96