Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Inkjet printer color calibration

I have an HP Officejet 5743 color printer and the color it prints is off a bit.  I would like to figure out how to perform a color calibration on it.  

My camera is a Canon EOS T6 and I am currently using GIMP for my editing and printing on Windows 10. I did a rough calibration on my monitor and it looks pretty good.  The printer is just not matching it very well.

Can anyone point me to some imstructions on calibrating this printer?

Comments

• Hi mstrick96,
    You'll never get accurate color on any desktop office printer, the inksets, print driver and the media you use are not made for color accurate printing, you can calibrate for a certain state to some extend.
    Also your monitor may not have the capabilities to produce accurate color.

If you print a lot of images than it pays to buy an Epson pro inkjet desktop like the P000 series, if not than get it printed by the photo sites like mpix etc. at the end you may save a lot of hair pulling and wasted paper and ink which are costly on these office inkjets.

Hope this helps
    Summer
  • Thanks!  Both replies are very helpful. 

Looks like I'll have to send photos out if I really need accurate color.  Either way, it's good to know how color calibrations are done.