Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Camera?

Does anybody use the camera that Mark recommends in his advanced photography guide?  It's the  Olympus OM-D E-M10. 

I would like a decent camera for an upcoming trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and it looks like I can get this one with two Olympus lenses for around $650 to $700.  The one at this price has a 16MP sensor.  With the two of these lenses, I can cover the range of focal lengths that Mark recommends.   Could get a focal length range from 14 to 150 mm which is equivalent to 28 to 300 mm in a 35mm lens.

If you have this camera, what do you think of it?  Any other recommendations in this price range?

Comments

• FlattyFlatty admin
    Great camera for that price range. That was what I purchased in 2015 when I started To participate in DMP. Easy to use too
  • There's alot of stuff out there, and many comparable cameras. Check out this site: https://www.dpreview.com/. Find features you like. For instance; i use a D5300 Nikon. Because it has a very nice articulated screen. It comes in handy because i am tall. Find what suits YOU and your needs. Though, if you are going to be increasingly interested in photography, save up for a full-frame camera. Also, I suggest you learn what the differences in the sensors are. That web site has all the info you will ever need, and it's not driven by any certain manufacturer. Good luck.
    Flatty