Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

What is your day job?

2»

Comments

• Hey @Kingston! I’ll be 32 in Feb. My dad(RIP) managed to rack up 47.
    JuliannaBOB73
  • @Freeman, Thank you for your service. Congrats on your retirement.
  • Thanks @BOB73. This is hard work, but I am greatly enjoying it.
  • edited January 8
    And thank you for sharing your story, @greendl. I agree - we can only do what we can do at the time. Family and work are important. One good thing about getting older, though, is that you get more time for yourself.  Enjoy your painting. :)
  • After a long career in sales and marketing, I am just now a stay-at-home mom to two gifted but special needs children. My husband and I had a retail business for about 8 years but then the great recession came along. We stood strong but finally had to close 3 years ago. It left us in a very difficult financial situation. I also was primary caregiver for my Alzheimer's mother who passed away just over a year ago. My husband's father, also dementia, passed away shortly thereafter.

I am an active member of my church and school and volunteer for many different activities. Being an older mom has been an adventure. My daughter is my greatest cheerleader and she loves to draw and paint. In fact, she a very creative crafter. During Christmas break she wanted to paint with me. I love sharing that with her.

My husband is 110% supportive of my painting and doesn't complain if dishes are in the sink or laundry is tumbling off its mighty hill. How blessed am I?
    ForgivenessPaulBToddauston
  • Any extra blessings I get I'll pass them along to you @Renoir. I have some associations with your brand of family situations. It is really a blessing if your daughters can enjoy crafts and painting while you do your own. Good Luck and God Bless.
    RenoirPaulB
  • Registered Nurse. ER RN for 16 years, currently i am a critical care transport RN (CCT-RN) on an ambulance. 
    PaulBForgiveness
  • Any one who can start an IV in the back of an ambulance moving 70 MPH has my admiration. 
    alsartPaulBToddaustonForgiveness