Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to forum@drawmixpaint.com if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Revised chart of Geneva Color Mixing Formulas v01

edited January 29 in Color Mixing
UPDATED ENTRY:  After posting the message below and accompanying attachment, I made a SECOND REVISION or, in better words, and IMPROVED GRAPH of the two-page "Geneva Color Mixing Formulas v01" referred to below.  I've deleted the first revision and attached the IMPROVED VERSION below along with a copy of the original "Geneva Color Mixing Formulas v01".  For a better explanation, see this bookmarked entry:
 Bookmark

ORIGINAL ENTRY:
I am putting in serious time learning the Mark Carder method of painting and have benefitted a great deal from ideas and comments from fellow forum members. To this point I've recreated a "Carder studio" in my basement (following his instructions for lighting, black curtains, a large shadow box, two-palette palette holder, etc.)  With the easy part done, I'm now focusing on learning to mix a full range of colors with the General Fine Art palette of just 4 colors plus white and black. Please tell me its possible.  I've seen Mark and a few others do it on video, so it is "do or die" as far as I'm concerned.  However, I'm finding the two-page "Geneva Color Mixing Formulas v01" (updated 18 June 2015) difficult to apply. To help myself better visualize the current formulas, I've used Mark's data to create proportional cone graphs rather than equal-sized circles to represent the quantities required for each mix.   

For anyone interested, I've attached a PDF file showing the bar charts with labels, colors, and percentages. I would be happy to for suggestions on how to improve them for the benefit of the community.
dencalSummerEstherH

Comments