Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Bridal Bouquet Project

Hi gang, haven't been on here in a while. This day job just gets in the way! But - I am undertaking a BIG project for me. I have done 3 DMP paintings so far, so I am still quite the newbie. A friend's daughter got married recently, she had seen a couple of my paintings and asked me to do a painting of her bouquet. I tried to talk her out of it, but I agreed with several caveats: I don't know when I will finish, I'm doing it for free, I get to design it. She was fine with all that - she just loved the idea that her dad's best friend would do this for her. So here goes nothin'!! I will be asking for guidance from you good people!

I took this photo at the house where they held the wedding. There was a grand, dark wood staircase coming down from the second floor into the main room where the ceremony was held. After the wedding I took several pictures of the bouquet around the house (next to the cake, on a bookshelf, on a table) but this one really stood out. 

I am going to follow DMP as closely as I can - I'm working on the drawing now as you see. 24x30 inch canvas. I will define my color groups and save the paint in snap caps because I know it will take a while to get this done once I start mixing then painting. I will minimize blending and get the canvas covered as Mark demands ;^) I really hope to finish with nice brush strokes that just look like a mess up close, but from a distance just come together. 

This is such an ambitious project for me!

FlattyChris_CrottySummer[Deleted User]dencalNanaBeanAgnieszkaEstherHHilaryQuinnIrishcajunDJ_NinetgarneyDawnTup